Inclusivity is important! That is why I've compiled a categorized list of
businesses and wedding vendors to assist anyone looking for
access to services that are not always available to them.
The following vendors are Queer-affirming, active allies that regularly speak up and/or educate their followers about antiracism and allyship. This list is updated quarterly and the following vendors have agreed with and to uphold the following:
1. As an Industry Ally, we define antiracists as "people who are actively seeking not only to raise their consciousness about race and racism, but also to take action when they see racial power inequities in everyday life."
2. We agree to use our social media platforms to be better antiracists by:
a) raising our and our followers' consciousness about race and racism by sharing educational content in our stories, posts, and highlight button.
b) speaking up and taking action when we see racial power inequities occuring within the Lancaster Wedding Industry
3. As an Industry Ally, we believe people of all genders and sexual orientations have the right to marry another person of any gender and sexual orientation that they love.
4. We agree to use our social media platforms to be better allies to the Queer community by:
a) raising our and our followers' consciousness about homophobia and transphobia by sharing educational content in our stories, posts, and highlight button
b) speaking up and taking action when we see homophobic and/or transphobic situations within the Lancaster Wedding Industry.
5. We agree to be held accountable for our words and actions and understand that failing to uphold the statements outlined in this agreement will result in our removal from the Industry Allies directory.
Antiracism definiton from: Racial Healing Handbook: Practical Activities to Help You Challenge
Privilege, Confront Systemic Racism, and Engage in Collective Healing by Anneliese A. Singh
Click on a category below to jump to its spot in the list:
Tailors & Seamstresses
hair & makeup
Downtown Lancaster, PA – Excelsior is an eclectic event space inspired by Downtown Lancaster's vintage charm. Unlike anything you may have seen, this multifaceted property combines elegant classical architectural features blended with modern design throughout various connecting spaces. Refreshing outdoor areas and enchanting brewer’s catacombs enhance the overall experience creating a one-of-a-kind venue for any event in any season.
Vignon manor farm
Hartford County, MD – Weddings & Events.
A unique luxury barn wedding venue that sits upon a 160 acre privately owned estate featuring three unique buildings : the Manor House, the Octagon, and an indoor/outdoor event space!
Family owned + operated!